Gigantosaurus is a genus of carcharodontosaurid from the Early Cenomanian stage of Cretaceous Argentina. Its only known species is G.carolinii. Carcharodontosaurus will be an alternate skin for it.
In Real Life
Although its remains are incomplete, Giganotosaurus was a large predator, with the known two individuals being 12.4 and possibly 13.2 meters (41-43 feet) in length, around 3.7 meters tall and weighing around 7 tonnes (15,400 lbs), making it up 90 cm longer, but significantly lighter, than "Sue." The larger of the two specimens, has been considered closer in scale to the type specimen than linear scaling would produce. It has been hypothesized that it may have simply had a larger dentary, rather than actually being significantly larger.
It probably hunted large sauropods such as Andesaurus, Limaysaurus and Nopcsaspondylus, as well as other mid-sized animals like Ekrixinatosaurus or juvenile sauropods.
At safest top speeds, Giganotosaurus could have probably moved at 31 miles per hour (50km/h), making it a fairly fast animal for what it was hunting.
Giganotosaurus was probably proportioned similarly to closely-related genera such as Mapusaurus and Carcharodontosaurus. The arms were probably proportionally small and relatively immobile, similarly to its relative Acrocanthosaurus. Its bite wasn't as powerful as derived tyrannosaurs, meaning it was probably using its jaws to inflict large bleeding wounds.
This is a predator that needs to hunt prey of equivalent or greater size. Thus, they are often hunting out in the open plains, or lying in wait along the treeline.
Giganotosaurus or "Giga" for short, is one of the isle's apex predators. However, with their huge leg muscles, they are also paradoxically the fastest. Their bite force is nothing compared to the bite of the T.rex but to make up for this con, they could bleed out their prey quicker. Fighting other apexes alone can still lead to a lethal outcome. Gigas often use hit and run tactics, biting then retreating. When pack hunting, one Giga acts as a distraction while the others dash in to take chunks out of their prey. Like any large theropod, ambushing with sneak attacks is a solid strategy for them as well.
In The Isle
Giganotosaurus has high bleed damage and average damage and is quite agile.
Your normal meal is to hunt medium-sized animals, while you are roam around or alone, that have few defenses or to steal preys from smaller predators.
Don't fight other apex predators alone, as Spinosaurus is capable of killing you, and Tyrannosaurus can break your leg and finish you off with around 7 Bites. But with a pack of 2 Giganotosaurus you can bleed out 1 Tyrannosaurus pretty easy, if ALT-turn on the Server is disabled, as well if you are hunting preys like Shantungosaurus or Triceratops.
Giganotosaurus has the 3 highest bleed resistant in the game, making it a challenge for Acrocanthosaurus and Allosaurus to fight it and can kill them easy.
Giganotosaurus live in the open plains to hunt for large game, competing with Tyrannosaurus rex and Acrocanthosaurus for food. They often live in pairs to hunt their prey when in the open plains.
- Fastest Apex, with the Highest Bleed Damage and Stamina
- Sneaks and goes pretty quick.
- Quick bite rate and decent Damage.
- Can bleed out a Tyrannosaurus and a Triceratops in a pack.
- Juvie and Sub grows relative quick ( 3,3h then you are a Adult. )
- Sub can hold out pretty long with a full stomach.
- You need patience to bleed out your big opponents.
So if you want attack a big dinosaur, like a Tyrannosaurus or a Triceratops, try to hit them from behind.
- Has a relative long Stamina regeneration time.
- Hard to hide due to its large size.
- Must also eat quite often, especially at the beginning of growth.
- if alt turn is enabled on the Server, it is recommended to avoid the Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops.
- It can be overtaken by a Tyrannosaurus, if he is close to you and if you are not full grown yet. A ambush would be saver.
- The Juvie is pretty slow and it has relative low Stamina. It is also very big and gives much Food.
- The Sub has also relative low Stamina and its not so quick.
and it has also a weak Bleed Resistence, but not so vulnerable as the Tyrannosaurus Sub.
- The Adult needs nearly 3 hours till its full grown.
Behind The Scenes
It is confirmed that it's sounds were intentionally made to be like that of the Giganotosaurus from the game Dino Crisis 2.